Findings from various laboratory studies have shown that phytochemicals have the tendency to do the following actions.
1. Acts as a supplement to boost immune system
2. Helps to arrest carcinogens forming substances that we consume.
3. Helps to decrease inflammation that stimulates cancer growth.
4. Helps to stabilize unstable molecules that can trigger cancer5. Help in hormone regulation
6. Fight against carcinogens from attacking healthy cells
7. Prompt damaged cells to self-destruct (autophagy) before reproduction.
8. Slows down the growth rate of carcinogens.
9. Helps to put a stop to DNA damageIn addition, they significantly reduce the risk of many cancers 
10.Reduced incidence of neoplasia induced by chemical carcinogens
11. Preventing nitrosation of susceptible secondary amines and amides to form highly potent carcinogenic nitrosamines and nitrosamides in our foods
12. Inhibitors of kinases by reducing hyper proliferation of Epithelial cells
13. Induction of carcinogen detoxification
14. Inhibition of tumor cell proliferation
15. Antimicrobial effect, Free radical scavenging (Antioxidant effect)
16. Inhibition of DNA adduct formation9. Induction of apoptosis and cell cycle arrest10. Modification of carcinogen and tumor metabolism
Showing the major signaling pathways targeted by phytochemicals in cancer.